Nuffnang ads

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

As 2012 comes to an end.

Ehem.

Before I decide what are my new year resolutions for 2013, lets just summarised what I learned so far. Thinking about life and sorting out what we have learned is just as important as planning our life ahead. Kan? Besides I'm still high on endorphins from working out so I cannot sleep. So here goes. 

I am 27 and this year I learned that...


1. I don't have to be good at something to enjoy doing it. Practice and consistency is the key. 


Gym is like my second home nowadays. I started going to gym consistently since September and i swear the first month was damn challenging. Making the time to exercise and setting goals are hard enough, but adding to that is the muscle soreness that comes with adapting to the regime. Nak gosok gigi pagi-pagi pun susah, nak pakai baju pun sakit. Haaa. 

Setiap kali rasa sakit badan dan malas nak pegi gym, I reminded myself not to 'manja' sangat. Practice! Practice! over and over again! macam dalam poster Body Pump tu, "When your body screams, tell them to shut up". 

The result i got after only 3 months has been amazing. Well of course, I'm still struggling at the gym. It never gets easier. Doing lunges with 8kg dumbbells, 30 jump squats, sumo squats, or push-up row still scare the hell out of me but I do it anyway. The pain? Don't bother me that much anymore :)

2. Always always vision your end result



Credit to Mr. FRH that introduce me to MC Barao. Lol. I want that body:
Weight: 115lbs
Body fat: 12%
Muscle mass: 101.2lbs
Measurement:32-28-33

OK, this may be like aiming for the moon. But they say, dream big. If you miss, you will still land among the stars <3 :)


3. When it comes to relationship, don't let the same people drain you over and over again.

It's not hard to find someone who tells you they love you, it's hard to find someone who actually means it. So don't rush love, don't settle. 

Here some self-explainatory pictures. Go nuts!



4. Stand up for yourself, don't expect somebody else to do it for you

When face with conflicts, always be honest with yourself and others. Not to the point that honesty becomes inconsiderate but it's better to be upfront when you have to rather  than concealing things and expect it to get better. 

5. Never have expectations when it comes to people other than yourself. 

I learned the hard way that biggest disappointments in life are the result of expectations. So I'm keeping it low, or have no expectations at all. It is better not to assume, not to wonder, not to imagine and not to obsess. Always love and accept the real people in front of you, not the fantasy of who you hope and wish these people could become. Ok tak? :)

6. Take take take risks!!

Take risks, make mistakes. So what? So bila ade peluang buat benda yang menakutkan, redah je. Set. 


6 points cukup lah. Laterrrrrr...

Life is a journey, often difficult and sometimes incredibly cruel; but you are well equipped. :)



XOXO,
Aisha :)





No comments:

Post a Comment