Nuffnang ads

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How Aspiration Finds Me.


For a few times in my life, I’m now doing things that I’m passionate about. For starters, I’m so glad I’m over the 'Darn, what do I do when I become an Engineer? those machines are going to get seriously misused'.

Taking pure science was by force of nature and surroundings. Enrolling into Biotech was merely confusion from the G that we need 50 gazillion biotech scientists in the near future and graduating with Biochemical Engineering was me going with the flow. Although Biochemical Engineering was not that bad, it’s just not really me.

One way or another, I’m thankful that my background in biotech was actually my stepping stone of finding my true passionate ambition. It got me enrolling myself into Biotechnology Entrepreneurship Training Program (BeST Program 4th Batch) by Biotech Corp right after I graduated. The program really opened my eyes that I don’t have to become an engineer just because I have an engineering degree, but still wanting to be part of the industry.

After completing the 3 months all expenses paid+allowance course, I was offered an internship with Biotech Corp under the Strategy and Planning Department. After 2 months, I got an offer to work permanently with a biopharmaceutical contract manufacturer. The position is Business Analyst with the Office of Strategy Management department. The rest is yet an unwritten history.

I have been questioning myself what the hell am I doing with my life for the longest time. Clueless people like me (then) should take easier undergraduate courses but instead I’m doing a course that requires me to take 6 levels of crazy-to-the-core mathematics, in-depth knowledge of physics, various computer analysis subjects and at one point, I remember having to draw and assemble a group of tools, bolts and nuts into something that looked like a very complex cloth hanger.

After a few months into the job, my predicament suddenly became self-explanatory. It all makes sense and I finally can see the jigsaw puzzle. The pieces are everywhere, facing up and down, most the spaces are still unoccupied but at least I know really well what I’m doing, how to do it and what I should do next.

Anyway, now I’m doing my MBA on a part time basis. Of course, specializing in Strategic Management. I really enjoy learning the subjects. Going to classes on weekdays is a bit of a hassle. You got tired and fed up once in a while but the passion kept you going. This semester I’m taking Managerial Finance and Management Policy and Corporate Strategy.

Still too early into the new semester for reality check but I’m planning to score in both, not settling with anything less than A-.

InsyaAllah.

2 comments:

  1. thanks to u far, i got the job. hehe. i kena blanje u kalau dpt bonus ni..

    ReplyDelete